Councils & Commissions
Parish Council. The Parish Council is comprised of seven elected members and five commission heads. The function of the Council is to coordinate all functions of the parish. Parish Council members are volunteers who serve on a rotating basis. New Parish Council members are voted upon annually by the parish community.
Commissions. Each commission has subcommittees and is always looking for more help in carrying out its particular ministry within our parish. Like Parish Council members, Commission Heads and their subcommittees are also volunteers who serve on a rotating basis. The various Parish Commissions meet on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. and the Hispanic Council meets on the 1st Sunday of each month at 2:45 p.m. Parish commissions include the following:
- Building and Grounds Commission. Responsible for parish upkeep and improvements.
- Parish Life Commission. Promoting communication among parish organizations and coordinating activities such as parish dinners, picnics, breakfasts and socials.
- Liturgy Commission. Coordinating and harmonizing music, art and environment for liturgies and prayer services throughout the year, training liturgical ministers, encouraging retreats, days of reconciliation and opportunities for prayer.
- Education Commission. Coordinating all levels of education within the parish, from PRE classes for children to adult formation.
- Social Ministries Commission. Overseeing the parish ministry in relation to human needs for parishioners and for the community at large.
- Hispanic Council. Coordinating and integrating the Hispanic community within the life of St. Edward's.
If you are interested in a particular Commission and would like to serve, please call the Church Office at (870) 772-1115.