WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!
Over the past months, we have had several openings that we have been unable to fill. We are asking you to contact a friend or relative and invite them to spend one hour each week with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. The Chapel is open 24 hours a day.
Our Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Chapel, where Jesus remains in the Blessed Sacrament being worshipped and adored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, is approaching our 9 year anniversary! Thank you, thank you dear adorers for your dedication and commitment.
Unfortunately the purpose of this letter is that our beloved chapel is facing another crisis as happened about 4 years ago. Then as now we are sending out a plea for help. Once again, we are sounding another battle cry—a spiritual battle cry! Over the past few months we have had numerous time slots become vacant and many are the tough early morning or late night hours. Several adorers have agreed to cover 2 or more of these hours until we can secure permanent adorers, but many remain open and it is difficult to find subs. It’s time that we all join in the REAL battle, the battle for souls! Make no mistake; our fight is a real fight. It is against satan-the prince of darkness and evil. Satan hates our Adoration Chapel and wants to see it close. Why?
“The Sacrament of the Body of the Lord puts the demons to flight, defends us against the incentives to vice and to concupiscence, cleanses the soul from sin, quiets the anger of God, enlightens the understanding to know God, inflames the will and the affections with the love of God, fills the memory with spiritual sweetness, confirms the entire man in good, frees us from eternal death,”
The time is NOW. We must awaken from our spiritual slumber and call on the power of the Holy Spirit to renew in us a sense of zeal, prayer, and sacrifice.
I want to close with this quote from the Missionaries of the Blessed Sacrament:
“Evil must be overcome with good. Greater evil must be overcome with greater good. The extraordinary evils of the world today must be overcome with the extraordinary good of Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration! Your sacrifice in spending one Holy Hour each week, especially in the middle of the night, will repair for the evils of the world and open up the floodgates of God’s merciful love upon all humankind.”
A few reminders:
- Please remember to dress respectfully when visiting Jesus.
- Also, please remember that talking and carrying on conversations in the chapel are inappropriate. If you have a need to talk about a situation, please talk outside the chapel.
- Please do not remove books, CDs or religious articles, as these are for all adorers' use while they are in the chapel.
- As a safety precaution, please do not open the chapel door. If someone is arriving for adoration or another legitimate purpose, they will know the door's code.
- Please do not change or adjust the thermostat. It is programmed automatically to cool at 73º and heat at 70º.
- If your relief does not show up, please consult the chart in the back of the sign-in book and call the person.
Please review the steps below if you are unable to make your Holy Hour:
- Contact the other person who is assigned with you and get a verbal commitment that they will be there.
- Ask someone in your family or a friend to make the Holy Hour.
- Your "prayer team" consists of adorers who adore at your hour, but on the other days of the week. Ask one of them to switch days with you.
- Contact the person who comes in before or after you to switch.
- If still not successful, contact your hourly captain. If you cannot reach your captain, then contact your division leader. The coordinator should be the last person you call.